Today we are talking about the best word press SEO plugin available in the market, yes! You guessed it right. It’s a Yoast SEO Plugin. With over 5 Million Active users, it’s one of the most frequently used plugins in the market. And we can for sure recommend the Yoast SEO plugin as unmatched in the market.
Why Does Anyone Need an SEO Plugin?
Before coming towards the main topic, first we need to establish why there is a need for an SEO plugin for word press. SEO plugins play a significant role in aiding millions of webmasters to boost their sites and gain a better rank in the Google search results.
Nevertheless, thousands of websites top contend to achieve places in search results for more keywords. This makes it slightly difficult for fresh websites to perform better in search results and achieve top positions. To cater this issue, an SEO plugin assists you to effortlessly optimize your website to perform better in the search results.
It helps with those particulars where Word Press cannot do much. That is generating Title & Description, managing keywords, submitting sitemaps & more. Make sure you setup your SEO plugin before getting started. When talking about these SEO plugins, there are two main types of users:
- The newcomers who are only searching for an easy way to optimize their website on Google search results.
- Then there are the professional webmasters who are looking to do activities like automatically format Meta information on custom field variables and all that stuff.
So What Is This Yoast SEO Plugin?
There are thousands of different plugins and endless tools available over the internet that can help you enhance your website’s SEO. And among those tools Yoast SEO is one of the most popular and widely used options available. Ever since 2008 Yoast SEO has helped millions of websites worldwide to rank higher in search engines. It is one of the most famous SEO tools for individuals who use WordPress, Yoast SEO advertises itself as a user-friendly plugin that you can download to your WordPress console. And after you activate it, the Yoast SEO gets to work by enabling you to structure your content around your main and secondary keywords.
I am personally using the plugin for around 5 years. I recently launched a new site & the first plugin I installed was Yoast. Within 2 months it helped optimize this article to top 15 results in
SERP’s. This is great for a new site. It has a lot to offer everybody who creates content on a WordPress website. This plugin comes with both free and paid versions, but if you’re not sure if it’s the right plugin for you and your content goals, continue reading this article to find out more about its features and functions. As already mentioned has two versions, one is paid and the other one is free. The difference among both is:
- The free version allows you to optimize for 1 keyword
- The paid version costs $89/year + tax and this version provide you with full specs and features.
Free and Premium Features of Yoast SEO:
Coming towards its functionality, the Yoast SEO comes with all the required features and specs that help please both the website visitors and the search engine spiders. For this to happen efficiently a devoted team of developers, testers, architects, and SEO experts work daily to improve the plugin with every release. The Yoast SEO offers:
Free Version Features:
- Title and Meta description templating for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
- A state-of-the-art Schema implementation that help search engines make more sense of your site and increases the chance on those longed-for rich results.
- The Yoast SEO provides the most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality at the push of a button.
- It provides you with full control over your site’s breadcrumbs.
- It lets you automatically set recognized URLs to avoid duplicate content.
- It also includes the SEO analysis tool which is a valuable tool to write SEO-friendly texts with the right keywords in mind.
- The next feature is its readability analysis which ensures that you are writing easy to understand, engaging content for both the site visitors and search engines.
- Yoast snippet preview is another feature that shows you how your post or page will look in the search results and even on mobile phones.
- The Yoast SEO comes with an FAQ and How to block for the WordPress editor so search engines know when you are serving a FAQ page or How-To guides.
- The next feature that is also available in the free version is that Yoast adjusts the engine of your website so you can concentrate on creating excellent content.
- It provides you with cornerstone content and internal linking features to help you rank for the right keywords with the right pages.
- It also helps you manage your team’s WordPress SEO efforts because through Yoast SEO roles you can provide coworkers right to use only to specific sections of the Yoast SEO plugin.
- The Yoast SEO also acts as a bulk editor so you can make large-scale edits to the titles and Meta descriptions of your website.
- It also translates your content to structured data where ever possible to aid search engines understand your website.
- It Gives customer support for Yoast SEO Premium users.
- The ability to expand Yoast SEO with the News SEO, Video SEO, and Local SEO and Woo Commerce SEO extensions are also available for premium users.
- Another feature making your life easy is their Social previews that show you how your content will be shown on Twitter and Facebook.
- It comes with the Insights tool that shows you what your text focuses on. This way you can keep your article in line with your key phrases.
- Another premium feature is the facility to optimize your article for synonyms and related key phrases. You can optimize single article for up to 5 keywords. This will help optimize your blog as a business.
- Yoast identifies different word forms of your key phrase, like singular and plurals, but also different tenses of verbs. This helps you improve your text more naturally.
- The best part of having a paid version is their automatic internal linking suggestions that let you write your article and automatically provide you with suggested posts to link to.
- Another premium feature of the Yoast SEO plugin is that it provides you social previews to manage the way your page is shared on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- It also has a full redirect manager to keep your site healthy by easily redirecting deleted pages and changed URLs.
- It gives you the option to have synonyms and related key phrases.
- A redirect manager that for instance helps you prevent 404 Page Not Found errors. And provide you with Internal linking suggestions while you write.
- The Yoast team also provides regular support for the Yoast SEO plugin on the WordPress.org forums however the premium support is always prioritized.
Is the Paid Version Worth Your Money?
The most sought after feature that individuals look for while subscribing to their premium version is the ability to optimize your content using more than one keyword. Other than this, all other features are not that important that you need to subscribe to premium. However when using multiple keywords Yoast SEO Premium doesn’t essentially help your keywords work in a good fit with each other. Instead, you’ll need to consider the optimization of each keyword separately. On the other hand the monthly cost for a premium version of this plugin is not a lot; therefore it is not a big deal if you subscribe to the premium as well. If you just started your blog then there’s no need of buying. But if you scaled up in business then it’s your sole choice.
Pros & Cons of Yoast Plugin:
- Helps you evaluate the SEO score of any particular page’s content.
- Allows you to manage the title and description for a page that shows up on Google search results.
- Boils down complex topics such as recognized URLs for non-technical users.Comes with easy clarifications for any specific and all options that include why to use or not use an option.
- When using multiple keywords Yoast SEO Premium doesn’t essentially help your keywords work well with each other.
Looking at all the features and specs of this Yoast SEO plugin we can say that Yoast is the best option available in the market if you are looking for and an SEO plugin. Although there is not much attraction in its premium version which doesn’t give us any reason to pay a monthly fee other than the multiple keywords option of course. Still overall this plugin is the best you can get for both beginners and professional users. What do you find best in the Yoast SEO plugin? Be sure to leave your answers in the comments section.